Colbert Matz Rosenfelt, LLC (CMR) in Baltimore, MD has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer Project Manager. This is an opportunity to join our existing and experienced Civil Engineering Department within our established Civil Engineering / Land Planning / Surveying/ Permitting / Landscape Architecture firm.
This position is mainly an office position with some field visits required. Successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience and be proficient in the following:
· Coordination with clients and consultants to ensure that the design meets their needs and specifications.
· Monitoring and coordination of the engineering team to ensure best practice design standards are met, including jurisdictional requirements.
· Developing project timelines and scheduling engineers in order to meet project milestones and deliverables. Meet regularly with design team to go over project status and identify any issues or potential roadblocks of the project.
· Coordination of the engineering team to ensure project deadlines and project expectations are met.
· Monitoring project budgets and design team hours to ensure costs are within expected projections.
· Identifying changes in scope and when appropriate, communicating time and financial impacts including creating Change Orders to client when needed
· Provide technical support for engineers.
· Setup work orders for new projects once the contract is signed.
· Coordination of client / consultant / agency meetings to ensure that CMR is represented as necessary.
· Update Job Summaries and Project Schedules as developments progress. Estimated hours on tasks should be updated regularly and budget should be considered in the estimated hours to complete a task.
· Review monthly billing sheets and complete in the timeframe given by Corporate.
· Work as part of a development team
· Other activities as directed by the civil engineering department director
Additional Required Experience and Abilities:
· Ability to perform in a fast—paced environment with quick turnaround times
· Excellent written,verbal communication and organizational skills
· Strong attention to details while maintaining consistent workflow
· Work both independently and as a team member
· Proficient in AutoCAD,Civil 3D 2019 or higher, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Comply with established company drafting and CAD standards
· Efficient with time and setting priorities to make deadlines
· Works well with others and able to obtain cooperation from others when needed to achieve a joint goal
· Able to work both independently and collaboratively
· Ability to work overtime when required to meet deadlines
· Organized, accurate and takes pride in work output
· Willingness to accept additional duties to support other departments when necessary
· Baltimore City and Baltimore County experience a plus
· Professional Engineer’s License aplus
· Competitive Salary
· Paid sick, vacation and personal leave
· Company matched retirement plan
· Medical, dental, & vision plans
· Life Insurance available
· Excellent working environment